CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Obsession and Boastfullness...



If you know me well at all, you know that I absolutely love my babies! And yes, I am aware that they are not MY babies but they might as well be. I have been called obsessed before and thats ok by me. The way I see it...there are worse things to be obsessed with! Being an aunt has been one of my greatest joys yet. Even though I don't get to see them much, I still talk to them on the phone and talk to their mommy everyday to get updates and funny stories. That way I feel somewhat connected to them.

As most of you know, talking on the phone to a toddler can be interesting. Connor will get on the phone if he's not too busy watching tv. He's like his mom and his Pops in that sense...when he's watching tv...the world ceases to exist. I usually ask the questions while he gives me answers. He's so matter of fact...gets that from his dad. He just started t-ball and loves it. Then comes little Alyssa who I like to call "Ms. Thang" and that she is! She is almost three and is always making us laugh. She usually babbles on about who knows what but the just the sound of her cute little voice is enough for me. And I can always understand the most important parts...hi aunt beffy...love you...and my heart is now content. The twins are obviously too young but I usually have Holly put the phone to their ears just so they can hear my voice.

Speaking of Holly, I must take a moment to boast of my sister. When we found out Holly was having twins we wondered how she would do it. I mean, how would anyone do it? Four kids under the age of four! Thats insane! Yet God saw something in her that we are all now seeing and are absolutely amazed by. She is one of the most amazing moms I know! As all kids do, they run her ragged yet she goes on about her day and do a superb job at it too! Being a mother of twins is something you never understand until you are around someone who has them or you have them yourself. Its absolutely exhausting!! Mom and I come back every time and wonder how she does it! We stand amazed that she has the energy and the ability to do what she does. God knew exactly what he was doing when he gave those girls to Holly and I am so thankful that He did. So Holly, here's to you, the best sister I know and the most awesome and amazing mother to four beautiful kids!

Anyways, gotta run for now! More to come! And yeah for Friday's!!!

0 comments: